On Saturday, June 21st over 100 San Diego County residents participated in the “Community Choice Energy Forum” put on by Friends of San Diego Clean Energy, a coalition that includes SanDiego350, Sierra Club San Diego, and the San Diego chapter of CalSEIA (the California Solar Energy Industries Association).
The forum was kicked off by clean energy champion and San Diego City Council President Todd Gloria, who spoke enthusiastically about ramping up renewable energy and moving forward with a strong climate action plan. Supportive Comments were also made by Solana Beach Councilman Peter Zahn, Del Mar Councilman Don Mosier, and Chris Ward, District Director for State Senator Marty Block. SanDiego350’s Bob Braaton gave a heart-felt reflection about why we were there and our task at hand.
There were several great presentations :
- The World As It Should Be: 100% Clean Energy – Nicole Capretz, policy director for San Diego Council Member Ed Harris
- The World As It Is: Dirty Power In Our Homes and In Our Politics – Bill Powers and Pete Hasapopoulos, Sierra Club San Diego
- Breakout Sessions
- Climate Action Plans – Kayla Race, Environmental Health Coalition
- Rooftop Revolution – Dave Gersz, CalSEIA / Stellar Solar
- Power is a Product of Relationship – Pete Hasapopoulos, Sierra Club San Diego
- The Marin Clean Energy Story – Shawn Marshall, co-founder, Marin Clean Energy
- Power is Taken Not Given – Emily Wier, SanDiego350
Photos from the event courtesy of Diane Lesher