SanDiego350 is an all-volunteer group of San Diego County climate activists, with a dynamic set of campaigns and projects. Here are some of the projects we’re working on currently, but we invite you to check back often!
To volunteer for any of these projects, please contact volunteer@SanDiego350.
Campaigns and Projects
- Strengthening the City of San Diego’s Climate Action Plan (CAP)
- Community Outreach and Education
- Fighting the Keystone Pipeline
- Building support for a fracking ban in California
- Assisting with Development of Community Choice Energy in San Diego
1. Strengthening the City of San Diego’s Climate Action Plan
SanDiego350 is working to strengthen the draft “CAP” that the City of San Diego is poised to adopt in San Diego. Past iterations of the plan, which the city is required to undertake in order to plan how it addresses climate change, failed to reduce greenhouse gases to meet state goals and to address what will need to be done to adapt to the changes that are already happening in our area, including more intense and frequent coastal flooding, wildfires, water shortages, and heat waves. We are working to gather people to be present at the CAP meetings in committee and the full City Council to submit comments, hold signs, and speak before the council committee. More info on the CAP is here. How you can help: Come to the City Council and Committee meetings and voice your concerns (meetins are at the City Administration Building, 202 C Street, San Diego 92101, 12th Floor). Contact your councilperson prior to the vote. Contact Emily for more info.
2. Community Outreach and Education
One of SanDiego350’s key goals is to reach out to and educate San Diegans about the science, impacts and solutions of climate change. Our efforts to date include:
- Tabling – staffing booths at fairs, festivals, farmers markets, you name it.
- Community presentations – giving presentations at libraries, churches, neighborhood clubs, political clubs and more. Email us to request a presentation.
- Climate chats – educational events on a variety of climate topics that foster discussion and networking.
3. Fighting the Keystone Pipeline
SanDiego350 has held several large rallies in partnership with other local groups and is organizing people to commit civil disobedience if it looks like the President will approve the pipeline. See Photos and Video page for footage of past events. Contact us to get involved.
4. Building support for a ban on fracking in California
SanDiego350 has organized several educational events around fracking and works with a state-wide grassroots organization to support a ban on fracking in California. See our fracking page for more info.
5. Assisting with Development of Community Choice Energy in San Diego
SanDiego350 is working with a local coalition to create Community Choice Energy options in San Diego County that will allow electricity consumers to choose a non-profit provider instead of SDG&E – with the aims of increasing the percentage of renewable energy and incentivizing more local renewable energy. How you can help: Join our team and help gather intelligence and strategize about how to move this effort forward. Contact Masada for more info.Google+