Global Climate Strike - San Diego!
Students around the county and the world are holding a Global Climate Strike on Sept 24 to demand a bold response to the climate crisis.
In San Diego, a centralized strike will take place Friday afternoon in downtown San Diego. We will gather on the East side of the County Administration Building (by Pacific Highway) at 1pm until 1:30pm, when we will march to City Hall to meet students from San Diego High School. There, we will rally and listen to speakers and enjoy music!
High schools and colleges will also host strikes at their campuses. All strikes will be covid-safe (outdoors, masks).
If your school or organization would like to be part of the coalition organizing and supporting this mobilization, please contact us.
Join in the action!
- Register now to attend the downtown strike and invite your friends!! (Use register button above)
- Use our promo kit to promote on social media, by email and text!
- Volunteer to help on Friday Sept 24 – fill out our form!
- If you are a student, you can help organize a strike at your school! Note that San Diego Unified School District students have been excused from school to attend the strike per this resolution!
- Visit the event website at https://climatestrikesd.org to find additional actions in Chula Vista, at UCSD, SDSU, and other area schools.
“Adults keep saying we owe it to the young people, to give them hope, but I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. I want you to act. I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.” - Greta Thunberg
San Diego, CA 92101