Four Congressional Town Hall Meetings!
Speak up on climate change at Congressional Town Hall Meetings this week!SD350 members are invited to attend four congress members' town halls to question them about climate change and how they plan to vote on climate issues, whether they will support California's efforts to lead on renewable energy, and protect us and our children from the impacts of climate change.
We have a bunch of tips and sample questions for you here (please read now).
- For Republicans (Hunter and Issa), ask about their support of the Trump administration's pro-polluter, pro-fossil fuel, climate science denying agenda.
- For Democrats (Peters and Davis), ask about whether they will strongly resist Trump's anti-climate agenda and stand up our health, California's leadership on clean energy and reducing carbon pollution, a livable planet - and how they will do that.
Town Hall Meeting DetailsNot sure which district you’re in? Find your Congressperson here.
- Darrell Issa (R-49): Two sessions on Sat, March 11, at 8:30 am and 10am. At the Junior Seau Recreation Center, 300 The Strand N, Oceanside, CA 92054. Registration.
- Duncan Hunter (R-50): Sat, March 11, 10 am at Ramona Main Stage, 626 Main Street, Ramona, CA 92065. More info.
- Scott Peters (D-52): Mon, March 13 at 5:30 pm at Clairemont High School Auditorium, 4150 Ute Drive, San Diego, CA 92117. More info.
- Susan Davis (D-53): Sat, March 11 at 10 am at Montezuma Hall @ SDSU in Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union, 6075 Aztec Circle Drive, San Diego, CA 92182 (map).
- Arrive at least an hour early for the town hall meeting. We suggest that only constituents register and arrive at least an hour early to get a spot in the town hall meeting and ask questions. Other members can hold signs outside.
- Recruit for the climate movement! Please print and pass out flyers for the People’s Climate March on April 29, and sign people up who are interested in helping to build the climate movement. Tools:
- Prepare. Have questions ready (samples below) and show up early to find a seat - ideally close to microphones. Increase your chances of asking a question by leaving your t-shirt or sign at home.
- Remind our Congress members that they work for us. Hunter has repeatedly gone on record as a climate change science denier and he votes accordingly in Congress. He is a fervent supporter of the Trump administration and their anti-science, anti-environment agenda. Rep. Duncan Hunter's District 50 is a vast swath of the most beautiful and environmentally critical land in San Diego County. It includes most of the major watersheds that flow from the mountains to the ocean. Issa fought the Obama administration's efforts to enact climate legislation and regulation, and has supported the Trump administration's anti-climate agenda. Neither of our Democrats has shown real leadership on climate change.
- Don't forget to read and bring our tips and sample questions!
March 11th, 2017 10:00 AM through March 13th, 2017 7:00 PM