The Renewable Energy Committee advocates for 100% clean energy throughout the region, supporting the expansion of community choice energy programs, and policies to support rooftop solar.
WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON
- Ensuring that local jurisdictions adopt the goal of 100% clean energy by 2035 or sooner.
- Advocating for all municipalities in San Diego County to join a Community Choice Energy (CCE) program.
- Requesting that CCE and other renewable energy programs prioritize social equity, investment in local power generation, creation of green jobs, incorporation of strong labor provisions, and community engagement.
- Opposing state legislation or regulations that would decrease the effectiveness of Community Choice Energy programs or disincentivize the adoption of rooftop solar.
WHAT OUR VOLUNTEERS DO
- Analyze, describe, and track relevant local, regional, and state policies.
- Advocate for local renewable energy projects at the city and county level.
- Meet with elected officials, attend public workshops, and provide comments on policies related to renewable energy.
- Support community members in advocating for local renewable energy projects.
- Successfully advocated for numerous cities to join San Diego Community Power.
- Held a webinar on net energy metering (NEM) and the future of rooftop solar.
- Participated with the Solar Rights Alliance in their Save California Solar campaign by sending petition signatures to the Governor in opposition to the California Public Utilities Commission (CUC) proposal.
- Submitted written comments to the CPUC in opposition to the proposed tax on rooftop solar.
- Called the Governor’s urging him to intervene in opposing the proposed NET Metering proposal to tax rooftop solar.