WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON
- Advocating for the promotion of equity and reductions of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) of projects in the Regional Plan (visit the 2021 Regional Plan released by SANDAG in May 2021 to learn about the plan and opportunities for providing public input).
- San Diego Transportation Equity Working Group (SDTEWG) is advocating for:
- Youth Opportunity Passes, better amenities at stations, more frequent stops, and COVID-19 protection for drivers and riders.
- Total electrification of the MTS bus fleet.
- Educating the public and building coalitions in preparation for future transit ballot initiatives.
WHAT OUR VOLUNTEERS DO
- Attend SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments) and MTS (Metropolitan Transit System) meetings and provide written or oral comments.
- Represent SanDiego350 at various coalition meetings.
- Meet with elected officials to advocate for policies.
- Educate SD350 members about policies and engage in transportation justice advocacy.
- Analyze, describe, and track relevant local, regional, and state policies.
- Advocate for a safe and connected active transportation (bicycling and pedestrian) network throughout the County.
- Helped pass AB 805 (which restructured SANDAG to better represent vulnerable communities).
- Successfully advocated with MTS for a bus electrification pilot project.
- Educated residents and partners about the 5 Big Moves & other transit campaigns.