|When:||August 19, 2023 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
World Beat Center
2100 Park Blvd
San Diego, California
The Youth4Climate Fall 2023 Summit is for high school and college students interested in honing their skills as an activist of any kind! Participants will also attend multiple engaging workshops and activities aimed at fueling collaborative efforts to envision a climate-friendly future, build local movements and combat eco-anxiety in a nourishing and positive way.
Our goal is that participants will leave with skills they can apply to any aspect of the progressive movement that they feel passionately about and a concrete plan to implement them in their schools and/or communities. Said skills will include:
- Understanding the critical intersections between climate and other social justice issues
- Collaborating with like-minded and ambitious individuals to envision a tangible and eco-friendly future
- Constructively communicating with others about climate change
- Creating effective and strategic campaigns
- Building local movements in one’s community
- Gaining insight into healthy methods of dealing with eco-anxiety
Workshops and speeches will be given by experienced climate justice organizers and leaders. The event will open with a UCSD researcher. Participants will hear how climate change impacts minority groups from a diverse and inspiring panel of presenters from various local organizations, who will provide opportunities to directly support environmental justice communities.
Adults – especially teachers – are also welcome to attend to learn how they can support youth in creating waves of change.
Experienced and budding activists will be welcome! The event will be a safe but structured space to grow and meet new people.