WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON
- Worked in partnership with the League of Women Voters to hold a Chula Vista Mayoral Candidate Forum for residents on April 27, 2022.
- Participating in the development of a CalEnviroScreen for the City of Chula Vista and acting as stakeholders for the updates to the Chula Vista Climate Action Plan.
- Promote building Electrification plans for new construction in the South Bay cities of Chula Vista, Imperial Beach and National City.
- Our team is beginning work on a Chula Vista Community Mural and reaching out to students and community members for ideas, including environmental justice and unifying themes bringing people together.
- Working on plans for recycling and composting with the Kumeyaay Community College, Palomar High School, Chula Vista Middle School and Hilltop High School.
WHAT OUR VOLUNTEERS DO
- Attend Sustainability Commission meetings in Chula Vista and provide support for initiatives.
- Represent SanDiego350 at the Chula Vista Climate Change Working group meetings, City Council meetings.
- Analyze and track relevant local, regional and state policies.
- Our members spoke in favor of Community Choice Energy (CCE) in Chula Vista, which helped get CCE in the city.
- We supported rallies led by high school students at City Hall and we have advocated for “slow and healthy streets” to support the recovery of businesses impacted during COVID-19.